LIly's Life in Yale

Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Friendly American People
   What impresses me is the friendliness of the people here. Usually we seem to pay little attention to the passers-by in China, maybe because of the large population there. We say hello to our acquaintances, friends and family members, instead, here in Yale, people often kindly say hello to the people around. That day, when I went to the gym to find out where the swimming pool is, a nice safeguard came forward and patiently led Lauren and I to look around. Wow, an  experience I can seldom have in China. What’s more, on that night, a handsome and kind librarian of the Sterling Library helped me find the book I wanted and instructed me to borrow the book.

    So I begin to think about the distance between Chinese people. The fast life rhythm makes us always in a haste, not event to pause and greet each other. And I am also worried about the somewhat indifference and doubt between people. We grow up in different environments, affected by a unique range of influences. Surely, I want to give my daughter a kind of positive influence. I want to tell her that most people around us are kind and honest, we should try to believe in each other to foster a harmonious relationship. As we discover the importance of truly greeting others, our ability to find a mode of interaction that is pleasing to both of us is enhanced. Thus, we can go a long way toward encouraging mutually satisfying relations by saying How are you in the spirit of kindness.IMG_1130.JPG

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful sentiment, Lily, and they help me to appreciate a country that I often get angry with and take for granted.
    "So I begin to think about the distance between Chinese people. The fast life rhythm makes us always in a haste, not event to pause and greet each other....Surely, I want to give my daughter a kind of positive influence. I want to tell her that most people around us are kind and honest, we should try to believe in each other to foster a harmonious relationship"
    Thank you for reminding me of our kind traits.

    ReplyDelete