LIly's Life in Yale

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

An Impression of Boston (1)
   As one of the oldest cities in the United States, Boston is a center for education and culture. Although our timetable seemed to be rather crazy, we really had a good time to get to know some history of America. There are so many “firsts” in Boston.
At the first sight of Harvard University, we believe that we love Yale even more. Comparing the campuses of the two universities, Yale overwhelms Harvard by its more various architectural styles, mainly classic Gothic and George Dynasty style of architecture, as far as I can see only as a layman. Such kind of feeling seemed to spread our whole group. Maybe egoism? Whatever, we are so proud to be a part of Yale, although only for a short time.
IMG_1518.JPG
    We wandered around the Harvard campus for about 2 hours, touching the shining toe of Mr. John Harvard in good wishes to bring us good luck, and still impressed by those red-brick-buildings of several arts, cultural, and scientific museums alongside the Harvard Library.
 IMG_1499.JPGIMG_1522.JPG
 Standing on the grounds of these famous universities, I’m quite moved by the history and the combined efforts of generations to make them the cradle of education for brilliant young people. And I’m also proud to be a teacher--a rather holy profession.
IMG_1497.JPG



,

3 comments:

  1. I can't help but agree with you...Yale is just a far more interesting campus, though Cambridge is a lovely town with much charm and many amenities. Now that you know both Harvard and Yale I hope you all get a chance to get to Princeton. I understand it is the most beautiful campus of the three, but I have never been. Perhaps we could go together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think Yale is the most beautiful university. Your mention of Princeton arouses my great interest. Thank you, dear Carrie. I hope we can have a chance to go there and have a good time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think Yale is the most beautiful university. Your mention of Princeton arouses my great interest. Thank you, dear Carrie. I hope we can have a chance to go there and have a good time together.

    ReplyDelete