LIly's Life in Yale

Saturday, July 4, 2015

My First Impression on USA

After a long and tedious flight of over 15 hours, I finally arrived at the JFK Airport. I am safe and sound, thank god! To breathe the fresh air seemed not to be the important task, instead, I had to carry my two heavy baggages to the Ground Central Terminal. Luckily enough, I’ve got on the right bus. Then, I wondered what was waiting for me all the way through the crowded New York Street. When I got on the train to New Haven, I could only feel the cold air. Why, is the electricity free of charge? And this is the problem I’ve often met with during the few days in Yale, especially in the classroom.
IMG_1016.JPG
Homesickness is the certain thing. I miss my daughter, my husband and my parents very much, so each day I send them pictures of the campus to share my experience. Maybe this is my way to tell  them I am OK here, while sometimes I have to adapt myself to the inconvenience in life here.
Blue sky and fresh air are the two things we mention very often. I hang around the campus during the first two days here. Various architecture styles which show the history of this university impressed me very much. Still, I’m impressed by the loud music of most of the cars passing by and the noise of the ambulance. It seems that some of the people here are too enthusiastic, either to  life or accidents. ( a joke)
IMG_1022.JPG
IMG_1051.JPG

1 comment:

  1. Missing your family is terribly difficult but I assure you the time will go by very quickly. Enjoy all you can and think about it as an effort to collect stories to tell them. Did they enjoy hearing about your kayak trip yesterday?

    ReplyDelete