LIly's Life in Yale

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My Days In Yale (4)
Maybe the climax of this summer session is our lectures about Chinese culture--a Walk into China. When we got the assigned task to give a series of lectures about Chinese culture in New Haven public library, I am sure that most of us felt a little nervous, excited, anxious, etc.. After all, this was a total new program for all of us, and we all wanted to show the excellence of Chinese culture. Various topics such as family policy, Chinese zodiac, Spring Festival, Hunan cuisine, filial piety, Chinese extended family, Change of marriage were presented to the public. I have chosen the topic Chinese tea culture, for tea culture is one symbol of Chinese culture. After a week’s preparation, I have made it. I rehearsed several times to designed the well-timing of the PPT to match my speech. And it proved to be rather useful and convenient. I do think all of us have tried our best. On one hand, we’ve got a chance to make the public know something about Chinese culture and refresh the stereotype of China. On the other hand, we’ve got a stimulus to our life here, which urges us to make a challenge. Thanks for the good cooperation of all my colleagues, the precious suggestions of Carrie and sweet praise of Siggy. DSC_0346.JPGDSC_0504.JPG
It is an unforgettable experience here in Yale. I’ve met a lot of friendly people who always say “morning”, “have a good day” or help me warm-heartedly. I’ve also made full use of the perfect campus facilities and library resources. I’ve really enjoyed my stay in Yale and I will always keep this summer session in my mind since I am proud to be a part of Yale although for only as short as 40 days.
I love Yale!

IMG_1711.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment